Forest Hills Community Information
Welcome to EXIT Kingdom Realty's Forest Hills real estate resource center. You can find all the available Forest Hills real estate listings, search Forest Hills homes for sale, and get lots of information and statistics about Forest Hills at EXIT Kingdom Realty. Our dedicated real estate agents focus on meeting all of your real estate needs and exceeding your greatest expectation while you're looking for property in Forest Hills . Please browse all the available listings below or start a new real estate search today.
The community of Forest Hills was founded in 1906; before that, the area was known as Whitepot. In 1909, Margaret Olivia Slocum Sage, who founded the Russell Sage Foundation, bought 142 acres of land from the Cord Meyer Development Company. The original plan was to build good low-income housing and improve living conditions of the working poor. Grosvenor Atterbury, a renowned architect, was given the commission to design Forest Hills Gardens. The neighborhood was planned on the model of the garden communities of England. As a result, there are many Tudor-style homes in Forest Hills, most of which are now located in Forest Hills Gardens. However, there are currently a number of Tudor homes in particular areas of Forest Hills outside of the Gardens. What is credited as the world's first radio commercial offered homes in Forest Hills.
The southern part of Forest Hills contains a particularly diverse mixture of upscale housing, ranging from single-family houses, attached townhouses, and both low-rise and high-rise apartment buildings. South of the Long Island Rail Road, the Forest Hills Gardens area is a private community that features some of the most expensive residential properties in Queens County. It was subject to restrictive covenants until the mid-1970s.
Forest Hills Gardens was named "Best Community" in 2007 by Cottage Living Magazine. The adjacent Van Court community also contains a number of detached single-family homes. There are also attached townhouses near the Westside Tennis Center and detached frame houses near Metropolitan Avenue. Finally, there are a number of apartment buildings scattered throughout the community.
- $3,900,000112-38 72 AveForest Hills, NY
- $2,998,00072-20 Harrow StForest Hills, NY
- $2,859,00069-54 Ingram StForest Hills, NY
- $2,125,00067-60 110th StForest Hills, NY
- $1,898,00071-43 Ingram StForest Hills, NY
- $1,825,00071-31 112 StForest Hills, NY
- $1,688,88864-45 110th StForest Hills, NY
- $1,680,00097-08 70 AveForest Hills, NY
- $1,679,00066-48 Selfridge StForest Hills, NY
- $1,649,00069-50 Exeter StForest Hills, NY
- $1,190,000117-15 Union TpkeForest Hills, NY
- $1,180,00067-29 Kessel StForest Hills, NY
- $929,00099-02 74 AveForest Hills, NY
- $929,000100-01 75 AveForest Hills, NY
- $829,00066-70 Selfridge StForest Hills, NY
- $789,00062-60 N Grand Central PkwyForest Hills, NY
- $789,00062-58 N Grand Central PkwyForest Hills, NY
© 2016 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.